Cant enter a room in CFS!

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
Oldfot1

Cant enter a room in CFS!

Post by Oldfot1 »

Well am back! This time running XPP! Been trying to enter room in CFS and even hosting! I have DMZ my wireless modem but no luck. Tryed flying on cabelconection alsow. No luck. Must be some settings or firewall problems. Any hints? Its a Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC :?
//Oldfot1
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: Cant enter a room in CFS!

Post by CanEh »

I know the CFS2 lobby was re-set, and I see you got the new release. You say that you are now on XP so I am going to presume that you updated your computer operating system.

You may want to look to see if you have windows firewall enabled, and if so try disabling it. Windows firewall sucks, and your wireless router gives you better protection. Maybe check your router configurations so that its only allowing your systems MAC address to get through, just for security stuff.

But you made it into the lobby, and I am going to also presume you got into a table and launched, but thats where it failed. Which in theory means that the basics of the router are ok, so definately look at the windows firewall settings, which is located in the control panel in the security center, and disable it.

Let me know how you make out with it! :)
Oldfot1

Post by Oldfot1 »

I dumped vista and I can fly on my own in rooms! Noone can enter and I cant get in am shutting down window firewall is there any other ports to be opend. I got it DMZ so you could run a semitrailer sideway tru it :lol:
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Oldfot1 wrote:I dumped vista and I can fly on my own in rooms! Noone can enter and I cant get in am shutting down window firewall is there any other ports to be opend. I got it DMZ so you could run a semitrailer sideway tru it :lol:
There are the basic ports required by the game, which are normally setup in the port-forwarding section. You also need to set up the triggers for those ports, and the follow in a list of the trigger ranges used for the various directx versions. I would add both of these in:

DirectX 7: Initial TCP Out Port: 47624 is the Trigger for In/Outbound (Port Range): TCP 2300 to 2400
DirectX 8-9: Initial UDP Out Port: 6073 is the Trigger for In/Outbound (Port Range): UDP 2302 to 2400

In a linksys type router configuration page for triggers, these would be a triggered range starting/ending port of 47624 with a forwarded range of 2300 to 2400 for dx7, and a triggered range starting/ending port of 6073 with a forwarded range of 2302 to 2400.

In the port forwarding page, you would define a starting port of 2300, ending port of 2400, with both tcpip and udp protocols (usually this is a list that would say "both") and then remember to assign the IP of you local system to it (usually something like 192.168.1.xxx where xxx is the addy of your machine).

For more information on ports and forwarding configurations, see http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... -us;240429. I don't know the exact ports that CFS1 uses... But you can check with some of the others that play it and see what they have setup.

Hope that helps :)

As far as windows fireall goes, you should be able to find it in the control panel. It has it's own seperate entry, and you should just be able to run that and then turn it off...