Crimson Skies

Crimson Skies, Microsoft Flight Simulator... or another of your choice!
Werefrog

Re: Crimson Skies

Post by Werefrog »

Gosh, what a surprise to see this game still alive.

Happy new year to all those i still remember and to those i forget.

Alex
HArm

Post by HArm »

Good to see the old game still has life.

See you in the (Crimson) Skies

HArm , TF Brimstone, SR Canfod
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

I know I was working with you in the lobby last night, and we were able to get you launched into a game, with you acting as host, as a single player in the game room. This means that you have the right version of the game/patch installed and that the generics work. However it failed to "connect" to any of the other players, either as a host or as a joiner, which means that the ports needed are blocked. (We know it's not the windows firewall, which sucks, because you turned that off and that allowed you to launch as host and get into the multi-player lobby).

We also talked about your internet 'feed' and speaking to the tech folks to talk about the ports. Hope you can get that part sorted out. :)
Mad_Bone

Post by Mad_Bone »

Hey everyone - long time no see. Mad_Bone here , great site guys and great job! I see some of my favorite furry and feathered target are back in the air :lol: I tried to get the game re-installed but have had no lusk as of yet. Let me know if anyone else has encountered the same problem. After installing game , 1.02 patch and Nividia crack , I start game buut it
will only go to the skull and cross bones flying banner and no further.Thanks for your time and looking forward to flying the unfriendly skies again :o
BSS,HTO,IE......._Mad_Bone

Windows XP sp3 ,AMD FX57 ,Asus A8N -SLI Deluxe, 2 GPC3200 DDR SDRAM, SLI BFG 7800GTX ,Audigy 2 ZS, western Digital 74.0G Cheetah,Direct x 9.0c.
Mad_Bone

Post by Mad_Bone »

OK - By Trial and error I Got it running , here's what I did. Removed current Nvidia Drivers and re-installed Forceware 93.71 found here http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html .Then applied EXE Patch only not the DLL or csfix and bada bing - I'm back in buisness. Now to figure out where my JS and headset are :roll:
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Glad to see you got the problem sorted out... thanks for posting the link for others, if they need it. :)
Mad_Bone

Post by Mad_Bone »

Now just need to sort out the router ports issue - will save that for another day :D But the game is running great - thanks for everyones work on this.
Bone
Weirdo

Post by Weirdo »

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!
Hadet

Post by Hadet »

I'll grab you the ports later tonight. Hope you guys stick around until i move somewhere with good Broadband again, Satellite is worse than Dialup for gaming it's rather sad. If you guys need any tech tips on getting Crimson skies to run in XP with Hardware let me know. I'm curious if anyone has gotten it running Windows 7 with the Radeon 4xxx series
zardoz

Post by zardoz »

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi!

Also, I'm installing the game on Windows 7 Pro x64 with 2x HD3870 in crossfire. I'll edit this post with the results and any fixes that I come up.