Crimson Skies

Crimson Skies, Microsoft Flight Simulator... or another of your choice!
Rider

Re: Crimson Skies

Post by Rider »

Is Crimson Skies Freeware? Downloadable?
http://www.mechcommander.org - Download the games for free now! Play them @ reverbgaming.com now!
FknDummBstrd
Site Admin

Post by FknDummBstrd »

Rider wrote:Is Crimson Skies Freeware? Downloadable?
try this link
http://www.digitalbloodsports.com/downl ... ies102.img ;)
Baroudeur

Post by Baroudeur »

Hail all,
I woud like to play again this fantastic simulator with friends but i am encountering some tiny pb
Is there a way to have a server hosting this online game, or is it just possible to log to a computer from a friend ?
Second point, with nvidia card all menus are all garbage, do you know if there is a solution for this pb, this dont occurs when playing with software video driver, but with hardware one i have this problem.
Merci for your kind help ;)
Coquet

Post by Coquet »

hi all

any pb known to play CS with vista home ?
perhaps the vista firewall ?

any answer will be a pleasure ^^
provato

Post by provato »

Ok 1st of all: Solution with modern cards texture problem can be found here:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=47481

2nd: In Vista you need to right-click the crimson.exe file and choose "run this program as administrator" ;) You will also have to "accept" whenever a game starts (UAC shit..)

3rd: Do I have to use teamspeak in order to use the IPs mentioned above? Or can I just write the IP on the "multiplayer" page in the game?

Thanks a lot!
Perigren

Post by Perigren »

you can turn off UAC so that shouldnt be an issue
provato

Post by provato »

Ok another solution that has to do with port forwarding: (if you get pc hangs or white/black screens...)

According to this old page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307554
these ports must be opened in router - firewall to be able to play:

TCP: 28805,28801,3040, 1121
crazy

Post by crazy »

Hey everybody!

Don't forget to get Timeslip's fix for Crimson Skies which enables high resolutions and fixes the various graphical glitches that have crept in over the years!

Does anyone still have a link, or downloaded, that utility that used to exist where you could quickly build a plane online, and using a wider range of colors as well? I think it was on a French or Italian site, with a cartoon cat for their mascot?

Don't forget the stall-turns! :mrgreen:

I hope we can get some Zep-vs-Zep matches going!
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

crazy wrote:Does anyone still have a link, or downloaded, that utility that used to exist where you could quickly build a plane online, and using a wider range of colors as well? I think it was on a French or Italian site, with a cartoon cat for their mascot?
The "original" plane modfication program that was website based was done by a fella by the name of Pierre Berger, although I can't remember the actual website. The code for creating the planes was ported over to a stand alone exe several years ago, and was made available through the WSLP clans website. The program will only create legal planes, and it has a huge advantage over the built in builder in CS, since you can store your weapons configurations as part of the plane profile instead of having to re-do them every time you load a plane.

I believe that the WSLP website still has this program. www.wslp.net and check in the downloads section for the crimson skies game. They had the plane builder program, the 1.02 patch file, and the 1.02 nocd file.
ToooT

Post by ToooT »

Hi all
Great to have found that Crimson Skies is not dead yet. :D Are any games played and if so where do I log on to join in the flying fun again?