teams/mw3

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
Perigren

teams/mw3

Post by Perigren »

Gary,

I just now realized you said that team play for mw3 will be in the new client release. :shock:
did I understand you correctly? :ugeek:
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: teams/mw3

Post by CanEh »

Perigren wrote:I just now realized you said that team play for mw3 will be in the new client release. :shock:
did I understand you correctly?
Logic says... team play was in the zone, and at that time DX6 was the standard. The direct play object itself, by design, only has a couple of different ways that it can work. You have a "single" object which holds standard direct play information like the user name, ip addresses, etc. Then you have a "group" object which is really a container that holds the basic single object, plus allows room for things that are group-related... such as teams.

We know that mech3 works in single object mode. And I've seen the game menu setups, and see that the team enable option does not allow a selection. Extending the above logic, the group component allows storage for information that relates for defining a group name and assigning which person/people are within that group (and a few other things but I think you get the idea).

Hence, if you start direct play by creating a group object (group information is NOT required at that time) and then stuffing the single player into the group object... then when the game starts it will see a group object and allow for team play to be enabled.

Clearly we have NOT had the chance to test this but I firmly believe that my logic is solid. I could be wrong of course. But for sure, when we get to the stage where we are testing out simple lobby commands and checking the new launcher code, one of the first things I will want is a guinnea pig so be aware I will be looking for you :P

Pyro and I actually did discuss this very matter today, and I can definately say that it has not left the objectives that we want to achieve. If you are curious about the technicalities of it all, perhaps this link might help http://www.eastcoastgames.com/directx/chapter3.html.

Sorry to give such a complicated answer to a simple question... hehehe
Perigren

Post by Perigren »

s'ok. im used to your "yes or no" answers...... :D
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

AzazelxGIMpoid wrote:reverb won't play or load or run on my system errrrrrrrgg. no matter what browser i use, i get redirected to a site that sets off every virus/malware detector i have. so any input on this? anyone else having that issue?
Huh? First, this is better in the support forum however...

There is nothing in the client program that should be connecting to anything but reverbgaming.com. The installer program is clean and has been used by hundreds with no issues. When the client starts, it connects to reverbgaming.com to get a list of the lobbies available... and then it connects again when you enter a lobby.

Exactly how are you using it? We don't "use" a browser to get into the games.
Perigren

Post by Perigren »

aaahhhh!!!! dead forums. not on my watch mister!!! :x any way i wanted to report i have mw3 running smoothly on vista home premium. secondly i want to ask about the progress on the new client. how's it coming guys?
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Perigren wrote:secondly i want to ask about the progress on the new client. how's it coming guys?
There is progress. I created a forum to discuss new development and features, waiting for feedback and input. :?