How does this work?

Mech Commander (2 and Gold), Mech Warrior (3, 4 and Pirates Moon), and others in the series
Sharpe

How does this work?

Post by Sharpe »

I have installed the client, and MC2 and I go into the Reverb client and host a server. I click "launch game" and all it does it launch the game, no one else is able to join my game and it doesn't give me any multi-player options. Also, the LAN and TCP-IP connections crash the game. Any help?
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: How does this work?

Post by CanEh »

I am going to guess that because the game launched from the lobby, that you have the right version installed. The CDROM games typically run the direct play functions that pass in the GUID for the game (35DC7890-C5EF-4171-B0CF-4D5C7AE7C2D7
MC2Rel.exe) which you can check if you are not on Vista. Run "dxdiag" and look at the networking tab. In the center of the screen will be a listing of the "dplayable" games, and the above GUID and game exe should match.

The next obvious step would be to check your router configuration, presuming you have one. If you do, make sure that windows firewall is turned off and/or disabled, as it will interfer with a router. These games all use standard ports, and how you configure them varies based on how your router works. http://www.gameconfig.co.uk/ports.aspx? ... ommander+2 shows what the basics are.

I am going to presume that you are running your computer under an "admin" login.