Forsaken

Is there a game you want to see being active here? Put on your best begging face, and ask!
Forum rules
Please be polite and respectful. There is NEVER any need for profanity.
DrMorbius

Forsaken

Post by DrMorbius »

This was a futuristic biker game, you fly the bikes and shoot at other apponents.
The flying isnt that easy but it is a great game for anyone who likes flying and first person shooters.
The folowing link is where to get the version that will work
Its still listed on gamespy but I dont think any new players have te game or I know the rooms would be full!!!
Give it a try single player, perhaps we can play sometimes... :lol: :lol:

http://rapidshare.com/files/42003509/Forsaken.exe.html
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: Forsaken

Post by CanEh »

Perhaps you can provide some additional information... :) Is this a directX game? Does it need a dedicated type server, or can people perhaps join/create a game from command line arguements?

Sorry, I just have no clue what this one is...

(edit)

Well, I grabbed from that link you posted, installed it.. looked at direct X and got the GUID and information, and I created a lobby for it. I ran the game as being a host and it did run but there were issues... Not sure exactly what it was, the game did run but the direct play routines put me back into the lobby. Perhaps its a game configuration issue. I tried looking at the menus and stuff in the game but I couldnt tell what was what for configurations.

Until I can get some more information, or instructions... thats about all I can do for the moment.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

Since I have not heard anything back, I've taken the lobby offline. If you can provide any additional information I will look at bringing it back.
Rider

Post by Rider »

Forsaken will work here. Although the remaining forsaken community play through the irc using a launcher one of them has made, i think it includes a lobby now also, so you don't need to use IRC as a chat base you can just download the software i think, they have also modded the source code of forsaken and released improved versions of the game "Project X" (By Methods, Lion and Silence). There also working on a 360D Engine. You will find most of the old forsaken zone players on the IRC Server/Channel.

IRC Server = irc.freenode.net
Channel = #forsaken

There main community website http://forsakenplanet.tk/ (Modded versions full game downloads ect).

It might even be worth putting it on here as its a free game. Which could encourage new players. Although i've asked them to come here before and play forsaken to help improve the reverb player base. But they are happy in there little corner of the web.
http://www.mechcommander.org - Download the games for free now! Play them @ reverbgaming.com now!
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

I went to the links you posted, grabbed the "Project X" files and ran it. Their version doesnt "install", you just play it, and it doesn't create a GUID entry. Without further information, there is nothing more I can do. I did hit their irc channel and talked with them but the only way they would consider 'moving' is if we auto-configured the ports so that people wouldn't have to setup router information etc... I'm not about to get into coding to change peoples hardware.

At least, I *think* it was this game, but ... this was several months ago so I suppose it could have been a different game.

Either way, I don't have enough information.
Rider

Post by Rider »

The Modified Project X will not work with Reverb Client, but the orignal will.
I still have it installed..GUID...27E96003-B1C3-11d1-B00C-080009C042E7...for any future need
http://www.mechcommander.org - Download the games for free now! Play them @ reverbgaming.com now!