X-Wing vs Tie Fighter

Is there a game you want to see being active here? Put on your best begging face, and ask!
Forum rules
Please be polite and respectful. There is NEVER any need for profanity.
Mok

X-Wing vs Tie Fighter

Post by Mok »

I would like to see the X-Wing vs Tie Fighter added, or at least X-Wing Alliance

XWA is a lot better looking and allows use of rudder pedals, but XVT allows multiplayer missions, and with the graphical updates it looks pretty good...

hopefully there is enough interest to justify adding one of the games...

thanks
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: X-Wing vs Tie Fighter

Post by CanEh »

In this forum is a post that describes the generics for adding in a new game. If you can get me the GUID and EXE information of the versions you want to run, we can setup a test lobby and see how it works.
Mok

Post by Mok »

i have the disc, i can make an image using nero or poweriso of both disc, do you have a ftp site i can upload to, or some other means for me to get them to you?

just let me know what format you want the images, and where to send them :D

thanks
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

I don't really need the games themselves, but if you have the disks then I would imagine that you have the games installed. The first step is to run DXDIAG (as per the other post instructions) and look at the networking tab (hopefully you don't have vista) at the lobby playable applications (center of the dxdiag network tav) and look for the game GUID and exe names.

Is there any mention of those games there?