DBS Lobby Connect

Is there a game you want to see being active here? Put on your best begging face, and ask!
Forum rules
Please be polite and respectful. There is NEVER any need for profanity.
Flashover

DBS Lobby Connect

Post by Flashover »

Tried to get in the lobby today but received this (Failed to connect to info Server). :x Re-Updated and still same issue. Any connecting issues at this time?; or is it just me. :(
Merry Christmas!
..Flash
Flash
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: DBS Lobby Connect

Post by CanEh »

If you run the dbsUpdater program manually (its in the game lobby folder) it should connect in to the new server system, and download the files. You should probably run that as administrator... I did put a note on that, near the top of the main website page :P

Some people are having issues with various anti-virus programs, that say the client, or the updater, or even the plane builder... have a virus in them. I can promise you they do not. If you have that happening, you may need to exclude the dbs program folder from being scanned, or add in file exclusions for the various EXE files.
Flashover

Post by Flashover »

I had updated with the new one and me and Cy was on then next time it failed. I did read the notes and run as Admin. will try again later. tks.
Flash
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

hmm.. I have been playing with various server components... been stopping and starting both the web server and the database server. Wonder if you happened to try to connect when I was doing that. Also possible, that your AV or malware program(s) have been finding the updater, and/or the lobby client, and/or the plane editor... as having a virus and shit... And of course, there are none. Even I've had to tell my AV stuff to ignore the dbs and crimson skies folders... right royal pita.. *grrr :)

If push comes to shove, you may need to grab the installer package again, and run that...
Flashover

Post by Flashover »

OK will give that a try later today.. tks.
Flash
Lapointe

Post by Lapointe »

I'm having trouble connecting too.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

I know gaming traffic is way down, not many play the old zone games anymore... but the lobby is still alive and working if you have a group of friends that want to play stuff. I see that you are a new account on the system. Did you extract the files from the archive, and run them? The first thing it should have done is connect into the system here and get the latest updates. The installer program creates the stub files and folders, runs the updater program to get the latest... and then it should work.

Perhaps you can explain a bit more..