perigren

Comments and discussions that are perhaps not typically game related
Doum

perigren

Post by Doum »

I AM VERY MAD AT YOU perigren. i WAS STARTING TO CREATE TERRAN FOR MW4 AND MERC AND IT WAS GREAT. NOW NO GAME FROM ALL THE 20 GAMES I HAVE INSTALL. Dunno what you did but i'm out of order for good it seem. I am in mercstorm and they are trying to help me recover but for now im dead as for playing any game or map making. You did not help me at all. You destroy me. I suppose it amuse you. For now i must give up on any making map for Mechwarrior. If its an accident then dont ever give that 1.2 patches fro mw3 to anyone anymore. Never again!! :evil: Can you imagine... no game work at all. Arggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doum

Re: perigren

Post by Doum »

Now i must warn all the clan i know about you. No choice. They may stay away from reverb but its better then loosing it all. Sry.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

I've moved this topic out of the support forum, because its not the place for it to be. And I have also deleted the multiple posts in all of the other forums that Doum made, because its not necessary to repeat it in every place possible.

I have no clue whats gone on with this issue... and I am simply not going to get involved in it. If you folks have issues, by all means use the forums to get them discussed... but at the same time these are public areas and I ask that you show a little respect with regards to the profanity useage...

Please feel free to carry on with the topic, minus the profanity.
Perigren

Post by Perigren »

hhmm, 1st off,i tried to help you. mw3 is very particular about settings and such. i suspect english is not your 1st language if so what is? and if not that begs the next question,what version of mw3 do you have? english,french or german? and knowing that did you dl the correct patch? v1.2 is mandatory to run mw3 online. if you dont use the correct version of the patch it wont work.

edit: it was pointed out to me that if you patch the game with the wrong version,any shared .dll files will be replaced with the wrong ones. there by causing all your programs to not work.

as far as nothing else working that worked before, how can you blame me for that? you are the 1 that manipulated your system not me. i instructed you yes and if you did not understand me clearly you did not say so.i have no way to know exactly what you did.you must have done more than set compatibility for the mw3.exe. doing that wouldnt cause other things to suddenly not work.

i am sorry you have issues, truly i am. but to publicly berate me and blame me for helping you with out coming to me 1st is plain wrong. i would have done everything i could have to get it right. i hope you have luck restoring your system.

Peri
Doum

Post by Doum »

To Perigren and CanEh,

I'm sry to you Perigren. I truly lost control out of madness and i am sry to you CanEh cause your rule are clear and i broke it. :oops: (Was drunk a bit too.) :oops: If i am ban i will understand.

But (Perigren) the patch you show me (that i download and install myself) while i was in reverb in mechwarrior 4 lobby did stop all my games from working. So i am still trying to fix it with help from some guy at mechstorm but no success yet. I restore the comp config to 2 days earlyer and it still doesnt work. I'll problably have to erase the harddrive (I hope not). Of course i will try to save something. I realy want people to know that the patch 1.2 for mw3 is way dangerous (It may be related to some comp and not other) . May be it is not a good idea to keep that patch accessible to all cause like me, someone may install it and lost all games too. Sry again to you two. Wont be playing for a while now. :cry:
Perigren

Post by Perigren »

i am sorry for your troubles,but the mw3 v1.2 patch is required to play mw3. it is only for mw3. i wish you luck with getting back on track.

Peri
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

If you notice the title on the forums, its called "A fun place to game". We don't ban people just because they did something silly that was a little bad. Not to worry, apology accepted.

I talked with Peri, he seems to think that the issue is a patch from a wrong language install that may have been the issue. His heart is to get people into here to have them play and have fun, not to screw someones system up. So whatever it was, the intention was not to harm... And we are both sorry for the problems its caused your system. Hopefully you can get it solved.

One of the nice things about Windows is that you are guaranteed to have problems which will eventually result in formatting the drive and re-installing it again. I'd suggest getting a dual boot setup between two hard drives, and then when you get a fresh system installed the way you want it to be, boot from the other hard drive, and do a image of the main one... burn the image to a dvd so that future restores go a lot faster. :)