DBS Registration Problems

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
Legend25

DBS Registration Problems

Post by Legend25 »

<removed email address>

said he was banned but never registered in the first place.

he even tried to select the option.. forgot password .. it does nothing
he even tried the other option..resend activation and still nothing

Anything wrong with registration your side?

Cheers. Legend
Last edited by CanEh on Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed email address
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: DBS Registration Problems

Post by CanEh »

That email address is not banned... the database shows no entries for any email address containing 'falcon'. If the user has never registered then how could it even be possible to "forgot password" stuff anyway?

If people can view the website, in any manner... then their IP has not been blocked by the server software. Which means it is possible their IP has been banned from the forum software. It may not be their SPECIFIC IP that has been banned, but a range of IP's from certain ISP's or domains.

As always, your requests never supply enough information, I can't ghost hunt when I have no clue what the exact error message is, or what has generated it. The only thing I can presume at this point, is their IP has not been banned by the server since you say they get some form of a message about being banned. People who have their IP's banned by the server will see nothing more than a "page not found" error, because the server drops all of their IP packets. They can never see the site, never access teamspeak, never have the client load up with lobby data etc.

And as stated before, many IP ranges WERE banned within the forum software, because of multiple hack or spam attacks by users of certain domains. There have even been instances of people living in the UK, where their ISP's have given them IP's that fall in one of the Russia domains which have been banned.

Sadly, one of the flaws of the forum software... it doesn't report attempts to create accounts that have been banned by ip's or user names or email addresses. So until I get more info....
Legend25

Post by Legend25 »

i dont know how else i can help with the situation but he was kind enough to send me a screenshot

http://www.2shared.com/photo/KCA025ED/asdaad.html
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

it says the ban has been issued on the ip (little print at the bottom)... Like I said, it's possible their IP falls within a range, rather than a specific instance. I appreciate that you want to help, they clearly are making the attempt... So their IP is...