client instability

Problems? Issues? Ask your questions here.
CanEh
Site Admin

Re: client instability

Post by CanEh »

There has been no change in the way the client program and the server communicate. Both the lobby client, and the launcher program say "hello" to their respective servers every couple of minutes, so that the connection maintains established. The launcher program will close from a command from the server, if a login has not been completed within a few minutes... however once you are logged in, it will continue to send the 'hello' at regular intervals. Only if a response has not been received back, will it eventually disconnect.

The lobby side of things, is exactly the way it has been (other than changing the IP it talks to when DBS moved to the new server, and the addition of supported commands sent) for the past 2 years or more.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

If the message is just "The connection to the server has been lost, there may be additional info if you move the box" kind of thing, then that means the communications dll has lost connection to the server socket. That message is generated by standard internet socket connection programming. The only reason it says "move the box" kind of thing, is because the loss might have been from a boot action, which of course in this case, does not apply.

It would appear the error causing this is either coming from your ISP or perhaps your router or system losing packets. The router side MIGHT be fixed by taking a note of all of your settings, and then do a hard reset of the router by holding in the reset button for 5 to 10 seconds, then re-apply your router settings, and then reboot. If that does not resolve it, I would speak with your ISP, perhaps your modem is being flakey or they may be having some hiccups.

If it was "our" side, then everyone would be having the same problem, and at this point you are the only one affected that I am aware of.
CanEh
Site Admin

Post by CanEh »

The info server is the login side... you have I think, 2 or 3 minutes from making the connection, to log into the server. If you do not, then the connection will close. The port used is 28999. The game lobbies will vary, but all are within the standards of the 28800-29100 range which is what the zone used.

If you are getting them both, then I would suggest looking at the router and ISP. So far as I know, no one else is having these problems.
Onionbag

Post by Onionbag »

NO1
GIGO look it up
Legend25

Post by Legend25 »

im getting this problem today : /
Legend25

Post by Legend25 »